Policies and Conditions of Use
By using AmericanLongrifles.com ( referred to in the rest of this document as the "site"), including but not limited to such services as the AmericanLongrifles.com Bulletin Board , you agree to accept the following Policies and Conditions of Use (PCOU). The PCOU may change at any time and without notice. Check this page periodically for changes.
This site is copyright to AAAV, LLC and no part shall be used without permission of the officer(s) or agent(s) of AAAV, LLC except as the object of a link with appropriate attribution as a product of AmericanLongrifles.com. AAAV, LLC, its officer(s) or agent(s) reserve the right to deny permission for links. No modification of any content shall be permitted. Content provided by third parties is copyright to the author and is posted with permission. Submission of a bulletin board posting shall constitute permission to AAAV, LLC to publish that posting in a manner at the discretion of AAAV, LLC, its officer(s) or agent(s).
The content and services provided by this site may change at any time and without notice at the discretion of AAAV, LLC, its officer(s) or agent(s). There should be no expectation that any service or content will be available forever. Consequently, AAAV, LLC, its officer(s) or agent(s) shall not be liable for any loss, damages, or claims as a result of changing content or services on this site.
Neither AAAV, LLC, its officer(s) or agent(s) shall be liable for any injury, damage, or loss whether direct or consequential, arising from the use or misuse of any information or products presented within this site. There is no warranty, either actual or implied, on any of the information, resources, or products presented or provided by this site including no warranty as to merchantability or fitness for any purpose. The user assumes all risk and liability for the use or misuse of any and all information, resources or products obtained from or through AmericanLongrifles.com including but not limited to the AmericanLongrifles.com Bulletin Board.
Please restrict your postings to topics compatible with the mission of this site to promote and support the study, building, and collecting of the American longrifle .
Allowable topics are:
1. The building or recreation of custom side lock muzzle loading sporting arms that would have been made or used in North America between 1607 and 1860.
2. The study and collecting of custom side lock muzzle loading sporting arms as defined in item 1.
3. The shooting of custom side lock muzzle loading sporting arms as defined in item 1.
4. The historical and cultural setting for the manufacture and use of custom side lock muzzle loading sporting arms as defined in item 1.
Any postings that do not comply with the allowable topics listed above may be deleted at the discretion of AAAV, LLC, its officer(s) or agent(s), the administrator(s), or moderator(s) without notice or liability.
Specifically prohibited topics or responses are:
1. Current politics and religion including but not limited to gun control legislation.
2. Advertisements of items for sale or services for hire outside the Items for Sale forum or any items or services that are not consistent with the allowable topics listed above.
3. Any personal attack or personal criticism of another member of the message board. You can criticize an idea but not a person. There will be zero tolerance for this infraction.
4. Defamatory characterizations of the products or services of specific vendors, manufacturers or makers. Some discussion of products or services that may be construed by some to be negative will be allowed as long as they are specific, factual, objective and do not violate any other prohibitions such as the use of vulgar, obscene, or profane language.
5. Any discussion of personal business including but not limited to financial transactions, customer service problems, or personal disputes. The board may be used on occasion to facilitate a meeting or further communication between board members when there is a problem with other communication methods. Members shall keep their e-mail address in their profile up to date in order to allow for personal communication offline.
6. Any comments that can reasonably be expected to provoke an extreme emotional response by other board members.
The administrator(s), or moderator(s) shall edit or delete prohibited topics, as determined by them, without notice or liability to be followed by an e-mail warning to the offender.
Valid threads may also be locked if, in the opinion of the administrator(s) or moderator(s), the thread is running badly off topic, straying into a prohibited area, or running on beyond that which is useful to the membership.
Topics will be archived, deleted or moved periodically as required to free resources or as otherwise necessary to maintain the usability of the forums.
Please start a new thread/topic if you have a new topic to discuss. Changing topics in the middle of a thread is confusing to readers and dilutes that effectiveness of searches.
Please do not post the same message to multiple forums. Pick the most appropriate forum for your message.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you accept and shall abide by the specific policies and prohibitions listed above and , in general, shall not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false, defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any material unless you hold the copyright to that material or have the permission of the copyright owner. You remain solely responsible for the content of your message(s), and you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless AAAV, LLC, its officer(s) or agent(s) with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). Submission of a bulletin board posting shall constitute permission to AAAV, LLC, its officer(s) or agent(s), to publish that posting in a manner at their discretion. This bulletin board reserves the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
Significant violations of the above stated bulletin board policies, as determined by the administrator(s), or moderator(s), will result in an e-mail warning to the offender. The second email warning for the same type violation may result in his or her board access being suspended or permanently revoked.
Please remember that the content of this bulletin board is not continually monitored. The administrator does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The messages posted on the AmericanLongrifles.com Bulletin Board express the views of the author of that message, not necessarily the views of AAAV, LLC, its officer(s) or agent(s), administrator(s) or moderator(s). Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact the administrator through the Feedback page. The administrator has the ability to remove objectionable messages and/or block postings by specific board members. The administrator will make every effort to remove objectionable posts or discipline non-compliant board members within a reasonable time frame if in his or her sole judgment removal or discipline is deemed necessary.
The only personal data collected by this site consists of information voluntarily provided by the user during registration on the AmericanLongrifles.com Bulletin Board. This information includes a required username, password and e-mail address. While AAAV, LLC, its officer(s) or agent(s) do not explicitly share user information with any other parties, users should be aware that all the information they provide on registration, except for their password, is available to all bulletin board users. Care should be exercised in providing personal information on registration.
Because all bulletin board postings are public, care should be used in the composition and content of your messages. Remember, anyone on the Internet can view your postings. Don't post any information you wouldn't want the the whole world to know or which you wouldn't want to defend. Please confine the exchange of personal addresses, telephone numbers, and other such private information to personal e-mails.
This site is not intended for minor children. Parents agree to take full responsibility for any use of this site by their minor children, and it is expected that parents will monitor their minor children's use at all times. By using this site, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age, an emancipated minor or have the permission of a parent or guardian to use this site.
|Safety||American Longrifles Home||Safety|
This page was last updated on 04/29/2013 .